You may have noticed that Northern Pass has hit a bit of a rough patch in the past few months. While the project has only its own flaws to blame for its recent troubles, there has never been more reason for us to emphatically say NO.
Check out and a breakdown of its recent stumbles below:
- FEBRUARY 14: A WMUR poll shows waning support for Northern Pass among New Hampshire residents.
- MARCH 8: Hydro-Quebec says it will not pay for Northern Pass’s burial in New Hampshire, placing the costs squarely on U.S. ratepayers. The statement sent Eversource into a tizzy of damage control in the following days. It was too late – the truth was out.
- MARCH 20: Senior Assistant Attorney General Peter Roth stands up for Granite State ratepayers and writes a letter to Eversource expressing concern about who will pay for Northern Pass.
- MARCH 22: We have company! Canadian opposition to Northern Pass continues to grow.
- MARCH 17: Eversource’s Power Purchase Agreement, a key component of the proposed project, is rejected by the state.
Although these developments are encouraging, now is not the time to take our foot off the pedal. Continue to say NO to Northern Pass in every way you can and we will defeat this project.